Publishing with a Purpose
An atlas of mortality in Britain
An atlas of mortality in Britain based on data from 1981 to 2004, this new study explores causes of death across the UK, including a description of the cause of death, a map and cartogram showing the spatial distribution of that cause, a commentary on the pattern observed and the reason for it.
From Titanic to the crash
The third digital-only ebook taster of Unequal health: The scandal of our times by Danny Dorling. It gives a flavour of one of the major themes: health inequalities contains three chapters from the book, preceded by a specially-written all-new introduction.
A continent united in diversity
Written by leading international authors, this timely atlas explores Europe’s society, culture, economy, politics and environment using state of the art mapping techniques. It addresses fundamental questions around social cohesion and sustainable growth as Europe negotiates the UK’s exit while continuing through the economic crisis.
A cradle-to-grave atlas
Danny Dorling and Bethan Thomas have brought together this outstanding atlas to provide us with a unique visual picture of identity and geography combined. "Identity in Britain" explores our changing identities as we progress from infancy to old age and tells the story of the myriad geographies of life in Britain.
The evidence presented to the Independent Inquiry into Inequalities in Health, chaired by Sir Donald Acheson
This book presents all seventeen chapters of evidence commissioned by the Acheson Inquiry to inform its work. It complements both the Acheson Inquiry report published by The Stationary Office and The widening gap (The Policy Press, 1999), which provides a broad overview and systematic interpretation of the Inequalities in Health debate.
Why social inequality still persists
We are living in the most remarkable and dangerous times. Globally, the richest 1% have never held a greater share of world wealth, while the share of most of the other 99% has collapsed in the last five years. In this fully rewritten and updated edition of Injustice, Dorling offers hope of a more equal society.
Using Millennial Census data to understand poverty, inequality and place
This lively, colourful and innovative pack presents ten reports on key issues affecting life in Britain, showing key patterns and inequalities in education, housing, health, family and work as revealed by the 2001 Census, and accompanied by a summary sheet, posters and background information.
Britain's ticking time bomb
Dorling brings together new material alongside a selection of his most recent writing on inequality from publications including the Daily Telegraph, the Guardian, New Statesman, Financial Times and the China People’s Daily. He explores whether we have now reached ‘peak inequality’ and concludes by predicting what the future holds for Britain.
A 2001 Census atlas of the UK
People and places: A 2001 Census atlas of the UK provides an at-a-glance guide to social change in the UK at the start of the new millennium. It is the first comprehensive analysis of the 2001 Census and offers unique comparisons with the findings of the previous Census a decade ago.
A 21st-century atlas of the UK
This unique atlas uses the 2011 Census data, alongside more recent data sources, to identify national and local trends and provide up-to-date analysis and discussion of the implications of current trends for future policy. This is the only social atlas of the 2011 Census that explains so much about how all of the UK is changing.