Feminist Reimagining of International Studies
Series Editors: Toni Haastrup, Professor & Chair in Global Politics, University of Manchester, UK; Heidi Hudson, Professor of International Relations, University of the Free State, South Africa; and Megan Mackenzie, Professor & Simons Chair in International Law and Human Security, Simon Fraser University, Canada
This series offers a new outlet for cutting edge interdisciplinary work that seeks to engage, include and centre a variety of scholarly voices as well as practitioners while offering more flexibility in presentation of scholarship. Feminist Reimagining of International Studies (FeRIS) extends beyond International Relations and its critical variants to champion outputs that interrogate prevailing power hierarchies in global politics through their commitments to feminist/queer/decolonial/indigenous epistemes.
This major new series seeks to showcase world class scholarship that analyses the structure of global politics and its diverse practices through critical feminist lenses. New work in this series will (i) critically examine global power hierarchies to understand risk, global governance, and threats from a feminist perspective; (ii) embrace diverse critical theories and methodologies, drawing on interdisciplinarity; (iii) include marginalized and minoritized knowledge that challenges dominant discourses and practices of global politics; and (iv) focus on research themes that strive for social justice.
International Advisory Board
- Nana Akua Anyidoho, University of Ghana, Ghana
- Dean Cooper Cunningham, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Natália Maria Félix de Souza, Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Keshab Giri, University of Sydney, Australia
- Kristina Hinds, University of the West Indies
- Alison Howell, Rutgers University, USA
- Paul Kirby, Queen Mary University London, UK
- Na-Young Lee, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea
- Siphokazi Magadla, Rhodes University, South Africa
- Amy Niang, CODESRIA, Senegal
- Awino Okech, SOAS London, UK
- Nazanin Shahrokni, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Shweta Singh, South Asia University, India
- Maika Sonderjee, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Thomas Tieku, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Jacqui True, Monash University, Australia
If you would like to submit a proposal, or would like to discuss ideas, please email the series editors or Stephen Wenham at Bristol University Press: firstname.lastname@example.org.